Just a quick hello to everybody. Hope you’re having a great summer. Time sure is going by as the Fourth has been here and gone and the St. Croix County Fair is right around the corner.
We took a short 5-day trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago. It was warm but it had a nice breeze off the gulf. Great to get away, but good to be back to our little Glenwood City. The trip was a blast!!
We’ll be tweaking our alleys this month as we’ll resurface the lanes and start getting ready for the bowling season. Keep sending me stories and jokes. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Leaker’s Place, P.O. Box 213, Glenwood City, Wisconsin 54013. We’ll give a shout out a few weeks down the road!!
ATTENTION 28 Board Football members: Summer Party is slated for July 25th. Pot luck supper, bean bag tournament, door prizes, “Dr. Groove Karaoke and D.J. starting at 5 p.m.
• 1962 Song of the Day: “Wolverton Mountain” – Claude King
• 1971 Song of the Day: “When You’re Hot, You’re Hot” – Jerry Reed
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Trying to Love Two Women” – Oak Ridge Boys
• 1926 – McGraw Electric Co. of Minneapolis sold the world’s first pop-up toaster.
• 1953 – The First Chevrolet Corvette rolled off the assembly line in Detroit.
• 1962 – L.A. Dodger star Sandy Koufax pitched his first no-hitter game against the New York Mets.
• 1974 – Alberta King, mother of the late Martin Luther King, was assassinated during a church service.
• National Cell Phone Month
• National Hot Dog Month
• National Ice Cream Month
• National Family Reunion Month
• National Baked Bean Month
A Few Cute Jokes from Rodney Dangerfield (No Respect)
• With my old man, I got no respect. I asked him, “How can I get my kite in the air?” He told me to jump off a cliff.
• Last night my wife met me at the door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.
• A girl called me and said, “Come on over, there’s nobody home.” I went over. Nobody was home!!
• My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after we eat!!
Baptizing an Irishman
An Irishman is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptizing people in the river. He proceeds into the water, subsequently bumping into the preacher. The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, whereupon, he asks the drunk, “Are you ready to find Jesus?”
The drunk shouts, “Yes, I am.”
So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water. He pulls him back up and asks, “Brother, have you found Jesus?” The drunk replies, “No, I haven’t found Jesus!”
The preacher, shocked at the answer, dunks him again but for a little longer. He again pulls him out of the water and asks, “Have you found Jesus, brother?” The drunk answers, “No, I haven’t found Jesus!”
By this time, the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk again — but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds, and when he begins kicking his arms and legs about, he pulls him up. The preacher again asks the drunk, “For the love of God, have you found Jesus?”
The drunk staggers upright, wipes his eyes, coughs up a bit of water, catches his breath, and says to the preacher, “Are you sure this is where he fell in?”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Kevin and Mary Cassellius, owners of the “Kassel Tap” bar in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net