Wink-Mrdutt won the championship honors on the Saturday Nite Live mixed couples league. Their team consists of Jon and Barbe Mrdutt and Mark and Shari Wink.
On the Thursday Nite Ladies action, “Melby’s Bags” took the championship. That is made up of Kathy Samens, Tammy Heutmaker, Cherri Peterson, Cindy Hurtgen, Amy Edison, and Katelyn Merten.
Finally on the Hometown League, the M&M Bar captured this year’s bragging rights for the number one spot. Their team members are Dan Delong, Terry Kyle, Dan Klatt, Ben Krosnoski, and Captain Mike Wink.
Our 9 Pin Tournament is on its last leg and will finish up this weekend. The Singles 9-Pin winner will be determined this Sunday afternoon starting at 1:00. We at this time have ten people who put up a “900” series on the board. These ten kegler will have a 4-game shootout to see who brings home the $1,000 first place purse!! We will take the best 3 out of 4 games for their final tally.
We are signing up right now for our Tuesday Nite Bean Bag league. Action starts at 6 p.m. We will start sometime in May. Call or stop if you’d like to sign up!!
• 1970 Song of the Day: “Anybody Goin’ to San Antone” – Charlie Pride
• 1981 Song of the Day: “Old Flame” – Alabama
• 1990 Song of the Day: “Love on Arrival” – Dan Seals
• 1880 – The hearing aid was invented.
• 1956 – At age 32 heavyweight champion Rocky Marciano retired undefeated with a perfect 49-0 record.
• 1965 – “Pampers” were patented.
• 1988 – Sonny Bono was elected mayor of Palm Springs, California.
The Things Some People Trust More Than Hillary
• Mexican tap water
• A rattlesnake with a “Pet Me” sign
• OJ Simpson showing me his knife collection
• An elevator ride with Ray Rice
• Taking pills offered by Bill Cosby
• Michael Jackson’s doctor
• An Obama Nuclear deal with Iran
• A Palestinian on a motorcycle
• Gas station sushi
• A Jimmy Carter economic plan
• Brian Williams’ news reports
• Loch Ness monster sightings
• Prayers for peace from Al Sharpton
• An Obama endorsement
A Gorilla Walks Into a Bar…
A gorilla walks into a bar, pulls up a stool, and orders a beer.
The bartender pours him a tall, frothy mug and says, “That’ll be five bucks.”
As the gorilla is paying for his beer, the bartender adds, “You know, we don’t get many gorillas in here.”
To which the gorilla replies, “At five bucks a beer, it’s no wonder…”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Howard and Marlene Edlin of Boyceville, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net