We finished up a couple more league championships last week. On the Wednesday Noon league my Leaker’s gals outlasted the Hair Depot team to take the yearly trophy. My Leaker’s gals consist of Jackie Meech, Audrey Maes, Joan DeSmith and Linda Shepard. The Thursday Men’s Senior League fought a battle last Thursday afternoon. “Leaker’s Team” went head to head against “Global Genetics” for the number one spot. Leaker’s Senior team snuck by the tough Global Team to win the yearly bragging rights!!!
Leaker’s Team is made up of Elmer Schell, Doug Standaert, Larry (Leaker) Standaert, Joe Walz, Bob Schribner, Denny Ohman, Harry Standaert and Bill Winchester. Congratulations to both teams!!!
Dave Hurtgen joined nine other bowlers, to get his name on the “900” board to fight for first prize on the 9-pin tournament. We’ve got two more weekends to go before the tournament wraps up.
• 1958 Song of the Day: “Oh Lonesome Me” – Don Gibson
• 1974 Song of the Day: “A Very Special Love Song” – Charlie Rich
• 1990 Song of the Day: “Five Minutes” – Lorrie Morgan
• 1926 – Western Electric and Warner Bros. introduced “vitaphone” a new process to add sound to film.
• 1959 – Dolly Parton, age 13, released her first single “Puppy Love”. This was Dolly’s first recording.
• 1977 – Alan Reed, known as the original voice of Fred Flintstone, died.
Advice from a Wise Farmer
• When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
• If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
• Every path has a few puddles.
• Keep skunks, bankers, and lawyers at a distance.
• Always drink upstream from the herd.
• Life is simpler when you plow around a stump.
A carpet installer had just finished installing carpet in a large living room. He was ready to pick up his tools when he noticed a lump under the carpet in the middle of the room.
He felt his shirt pocket and his pack of cigarettes were not there. He wasn’t going to take up the carpet for a pack of cigarettes so he pounded his tool tray down on the spot several times so it looked smooth.
When he got to his pickup two things happened. First he noticed his pack of cigarettes on the seat. Next the lady called from the front door. “Hey mister! Did you see my pet canary anywhere?”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Roger and Deb Schug of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net