Several roll-offs will be bowled this week as we are coming to the end of half or fourth quarter action.
On the Thursday Nite Ladies league, “Melby’s” won the last quarter and will face “Clear Lake Storage” this Thursday night for the yearly championship. On the Wednesday Nite Ladies league, Family ChiroCare will have a shoot-out with the M&M Bar for the yearly bragging rights. Several other leagues will determine who will fight it out for the end of the year championships!!!
On the Thursday Nite Ladies League, Obermueller Trucking and Connie’s Catering had a small “marathon” going in their last game. In the second and third frame all four bowlers threw strikes to have a pretty amazing 16 strikes in a row. Like one gal said, “Pretty good bowling for the Rockpile”!! Nice job ladies!!
We had another 9-pin tournament “900” rolled Saturday afternoon. Mike Finke from River Falls bowled a 913 series. Finke bowls on a league at Strikers in Baldwin.
How about our amazing Badgers??? Upsetting Kentucky was awesome Saturday night. Now on to the National Championship against Duke Monday night. I am predicting that our Badgers will outlast Duke by a score of 72-69. (I wrote this column Monday morning for the Tuesday edition of the Tribune Press Reporter). GO BADGERS!!!
The Brew Crew also started Monday afternoon with their home opener against Colorado. Hopefully they will have a successful season!!
• 1965 Song of the Day: “King of the Road” – Roger Miller
• 1974 Song of the Day: “Would You Lay With Me” – Tanya Tucker
• 1982 Song of the Day: “Bobbie Sue” – Oak Ridge Boys
• 1882 – Jesse James was shot in the back and killed by Robert Ford.
• 1953 – “TV Guide” was published for the first time. Desi Arnaz Jr. was on the cover.
• 1969 – The TV Show “Star Trek” was cancelled!!
• 1986 – IBM unveiled their first laptop computer.
• 1996 – Larry LaPhise died at age 83 in Idaho. In the late 1940s, he wrote “The Hokey Pokey”!! (I guess at his wake they had a heck of a time placing him in his casket…you know, “put the right foot in, put the right foot out….well, you know!!”)
• Q: Are you a scratch golfer?? A: I sure am – every time I hit the ball, I scratch my head and wonder where it went!!
• Q: How many golfers does it take to change a light bulb? A: FORE!!
• Son: What’s the problem with my golf game? Dad: You’re standing too close to the ball…after you hit the ball!!!
• Golf Truism: The only problem with golf is that the slow groups are always in front of you, and the fast groups are always behind you!!
• A golfer who says he never cheats is a liar!!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Burleigh Larson of Emerald, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net