The Sunday Nite Mixed Couples finished up the second half this past Sunday night. “Out-4-Fun” won the second half honors so now they will roll-off for the championship against “The Young Guns”. I will put a picture in the paper after roll-offs.
The other leagues are getting down to just a week or two of competition also so there will be a lot of roll-offs coming up!!!
In our 9-pin tournament competition over the weekend, two more bowlers got 900 series to qualify for the $1,000 grand prize at the end of the year!! Doug Veenendaal and Cory Leavitt each put a 900 series on the board. Good job, fellas!!!
• 1965 Song of the Day: “King of the Road” – Roger Miller
• 1971 Song of the Day: “After the Fire is Gone” – Conway and Loretta
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Why Don’t You Spend the Night” – Ronnie Milsap
• 1794 – The U.S. Navy was authorized by Congress and President Washington.
• 1860 – The “corkscrew” was invented.
• 1866 – The urinal was patented.
• 1964 – Good Friday earthquake struck Anchorage, Alaska.
• 1968 – Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, the first man to orbit the earth, died in a plane crash.
• 1980 – Mount St. Helens became active. It was the first activity since 1857 in Southwestern Washington State.
• 2007 – NFL owners voted to make instant replay a permanent officiating tool.
• Reba McEntire turned 60 on March 28th!! (She was born in 1955)
• Coca-Cola Day was March 29th
Two policemen call the station on the radio.
“Hello. Is that the Sarge?”
“We have a case here. A woman has shot her husband for stepping on the floor she had just mopped clean.”
“Have you arrested the woman?”
“No, sir. The floor is still wet.”
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge, “It’s not working. I can’t take it anymore. I am going to my Mom’s place.”
I opened the fridge. The light came on. The beer was cold. What the heck is she talking about?
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Tony and Cindy Cuturia of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net