Rockpile – 3-25-2015
I talked to a few bowlers that traveled to Appleton over the weekend for the Men’s State Bowling Tournament. “Nothing to write home about” is what one kegler told me, although my Leaker’s II team did slide into the number 4th spot in their division. Good job Leaker’s II!!!
Nick Veenendaal, who subs for Obermueller Trucking on the Hometown league, came within 5 pins of a 700 series last week. Veenendaal’s high game with the 695 series was a very nice 278 game. Nick is from Baldwin and normally bowls at Strikers!!
We had another bowler hit the 900 series mark over the weekend.
Michael Feist from Milltown, put up a 920 series to join four other bowlers who will compete for the $1000 purse for the singles 1st prize!!
Here are few gals that bowled some nice games this past wee: Lori Klinger 227, Cindy Rassbach, 226, and Cindy Drury 206. Good job ladies.
The difference between an optimist and a pessimist: An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh.
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Only the Lonely” – Sonny James
• 1983 Song of the Day: “I Wouldn’t Change You if I Could” – Ricky Skaggs
• 1984 Song of the Day: “Elizabeth” – The Statler Bros.
• 1992 Song of the Day: “Dallas” – Allan Jackson
• 1917 – The zipper was patented.
• 1939 – “God Bless America” was recorded by Kate Smith. Ms. Smith gave all the proceeds to the Boy Scouts.
• 1972 – The “Godfather” film debuted.
• 1963 – Alcatraz prison in San Francisco Bay closed for good.
• 1980 – J.R. Ewing, the character millions love to hate on T.V.’s “Dallas”, was shot by an unknown assailant.
• 1989 – After 29 years as NFL commissioner, Pete Rozelle announced his retirement.
• 2005 – A woman claimed to have found a fingertip while eating Wendy’s chili at a restaurant in San Jose, California. The food chain lost millions before the woman admitted it was all a hoax!!!
March 23 was Jay Moore’s Birthday!! (Moose Country)
Georgia’s Golf Course
The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.
He called her into his office and said, “Y’all graduated from the University of Georgia, and I need some help. If I wuz to give yew $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?”
The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, “Everythang but my earrings.”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Gary and Diane Olson of Apache Junction, AZ.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net