Rob Logghe was “oh so close” to that 700 Board last week as Logghe rolled a dandy 276 game with a 699 series. That “700” would have put him on the tote board along with 14 other 700 series bowled this year. That’s still some pretty bowling, Rob!!!
The bowling season is slipping away as we only have about four more weeks of regular league to go!! The weather this past week certainly should have a bunch of bowlers anxious for the golfing season to roll around.
We are at the halfway point in our annual 9-pin tap tournament with approximately six weeks to go.
Men’s State Bowling will capture about 50 bowlers from Glenwood City this weekend as we have a large crew invading Appleton, Wisconsin for the annual tournament. I’ll put some updates in next week’s “Rockpile”.
• 1953 Song of the Day: “Kaw-Liga” – Hank Williams
• 1958 Song of the Day: “Ballad of a Teenage Queen” – Johnny Cash
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Only the Lonely” – Sonny James
• 1985 Song of the Day: “My Only Love” – Statler Bros.
• 1794 – Eli Whitney patented the cotton gin, allowing 50 pounds of cotton to be cleaned a day, compared to one pound a day before his invention.
• 1971 – CBS cancelled the “Ed Sullivan” show after 23 years on the air.
• 1972 – The “Godfather” film debuted.
• 1980 – McDonald’s first test marketed “Chicken McNuggets”. They were so popular, they had to look for a second supplier
• 2008 – Gold prices hit $1000 per troy ounce for the first time in history.
• 2012 – Encyclopedia Britannica announced that it was discontinuing its print edition – after 244 years – in favor of its web-based version.
St. Patrick’s Day Limericks
There was a young boy named Sean,
Whose wish of a sly leprechaun,
Was to be surrounded by doe,
And thus it was so,
In six months he was born as a fawn.
A man, while drinking Light Bud,
crashed his car with a sickening thud,
The car that he hit,
Had a warlock in it
Now he lives as a frog in the mud!!
May you have only pleasant hours,
to melt your time away,
And the warmth of Irish laughter
to bring a smile everyday
May our heart be light and happy
May your smile be big and wide,
And may your pockets always have
a tinkle of gold inside!!
Happy Birthday March 17 – Jessica Lynn Hawkins!!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Jack Kuehl of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net