On the Hometown League, the M&M Bar captured the 3rd Quarter honors last week as they had a comfortable 14 point lead over the next closest team.
On the Town and Country League the winners of third quarter action were Hager Construction. Their margin was a lot closer as they snuck by the Pumphouse team by a mere 2.5 points. Congrats to both teams!!!
Tracey Schug-Peterson bowled the best game and series of her career on the Town & Country league. Tracey bowled a 236 game and a 567 series. Great bowling!!!
A bunch of seniors will be heading to Watertown this weekend to bowl in the annual Wisconsin State Senior Bowling Tournament. Looks like we will sport about 20 bowlers from Glenwood City. I’ll give you an update next week. (Men or women who are 55 and older may participate in the tournament).
It’s hard to believe that we are already on the downward swing of this year’s bowling season, although I’m sure we’re all looking forward to spring!!!! I sure am!!!
• 1965 Song of the Day: “I’ve Got A Tiger By the Tail” – Buck Owens
• 1972 Song of the Day: “It’s Four in the Morning” – Favon Young
• 1981 Song of the Day: “Who’s Cheatin’ Who” – Charley McClain
• 1990 Song of the Day: “On Second Thought” – Eddie Rabbit
• Feb. 22; “Hoodie-Doodie Day” (At high noon citizens are asked to go outside and shout “Hoodie Doodie!!” to chase winter away and make ready for spring, one month from now.)
• 1952, 1953, 1956, 1961, and 1966 – Ralph and Carolyn Cummings of Clintwood, Virginia, had a child, four girls and one boy. They were all born on February 20th!!!
• 1963 – Willie Mays became the highest-paid baseball player. He earned $100,000 per year.
• 1992 – Ross Perot announced that he would run for U.S. President.
• 2011 – 20-year-old Trevor Bayne won the Daytona 500.
A Florida Senior Citizen
A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.
“Amazing,” he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal even more.
Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly, he thought, “What am I doing? I’m too old for this!” and pulled over to await the trooper’s arrival.
Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, “Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding – a reason I have never heard before – I’ll let you go.”
The old gentleman paused, then said: “Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back.”
Thanks to Andy Dahl for the following:
Bulletin (seen on a police scanner): Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on!!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Andy Dahl (owner of the Pumphouse) of Downing, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net