The Hometown and Town and Country Mens’ leagues will finish up their 3rd quarter already this week. I’ll update winners next week.
On the Thursday Nite Ladies League, “Melby’s Bags” took 3rd quarter honors last week. Congrats, ladies!!
Jamie McCarthy, who bowls on the Saturday Nite Live Mixed Couples league, bowled the best game of his career last Saturday night as McCarthy bowled an incredible 269 game. Jamie ended up with a 569 series. Good bowling, fella!!
Here are some other nice games rolled last week: Brandon Engle, 255; Brian Casey, 244; Steve Bazille, 238; Jon Standaert and Chuckie DeSmith, 245 games; Bob Schug, 241; Joe Walz, 240; Brad Berends, 278; Ben Krosnoski, 257; Mike Wink, 246; Kathy Alleman, 221; Cindy Rassbach, 220; Cari Cassellius, 205; Peg Heutmaker, 201.
• 1968 Song of the Day: “Skip A Rope” – Hensen Cargill
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Near You” – George Jones and Tammy Wynette
• 1995 Song of the Day: “Mi Vida Loca” – Pam Tillis
• Do A Grouch a Favor Day
• National Almond Day
• 1933 – Prohibition (The 18th Amendment) was repealed. Cheers!!
• 1950 – TV’s “What’s My Line” premiered on CBS.
• 1968 – The First 911 Emergency Telephone System was inaugurated in Haleyville, AL.
• 2006 – The last Mobile Army Surgical Hospital (MASH) was decommissioned by the U.S. Army
Quote of the Week
“A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.” – Lana Turner
• At a cocktail party, one man said to another, “Aren’t you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger??” The man replied, “Yes I am…I married the wrong woman!!”
• A lady inserted an ad in the classifieds: “Husband Wanted!” The next day she received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: “You can have mine!”
• A little boy asked his father, “Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?” The father replied, “I don’t know, son. I’m still paying!”
• If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to ever word you say…talk in your sleep!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Dennis and Sandy McNamara of Emmett, Idaho.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net