The Rockpile – 2-11-2015
We had our 9-Pin tournament get off to a booming start this past weekend as we had 42 bowlers participate in the annual tournament. We had some big scores, right out of the gate!!
There were seven 300 games rolled and a couple 900 series already. Dennis Obryan from Woodbury, Minnesota tossed a 935 and 929 series as his squad bowled back-to-back on Sunday afternoon!! (Dennis rolled four 300s himself) Obyran sports a modest 193 average in his hometown house. Dennis bowls at Maddy Lanes in St. Paul. We have a long time left in the tournament, as we go until the end of April.
Jessica Hager had a couple great games on league last week as she put up two nice games of 246 and 243. Jessica has a 155 average. Jessica’s hubby John, who has his left arm in a sling, actually did very well Sunday in the 9-pin tourney by throwing a perfect “300”.
Here are some other nice games rolled: Dennis Ohman 288; Doug Standaert 267, 247; Bill Standaert 247; Brent Standaert 246; Joe Walz 263; Peg Obermueller 211; Dave Brandt 235; Bernie Obermueller 222.
• 1961 Song of the Day: “He’ll Have To Go” – Jim Reeves
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Sometimes” – Bill Anderson
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight” – Oak Ridge Boys
February 9th “Holidays”
• Share a Candy Bar Day
• National Hooky Day
• Clean Out Your Computer Day
• 1864 – President Lincoln posed for the picture that is now on the $5 Bill.
• 1895 – The first college basketball game was played as Minnesota State School of Agriculture defeated Hamlin College 9-3.
• 1969 – The Boeing 747 took its first flight, ushering in the age of the Jumbo Jet.
• 1989 – Witnesses at a New Jersey hearing on the de-regulation of professional wrestling testified that the sport was a fake!! (really???)
Ole and the Skinny Dippers
Ole heard voices from his pond and went down to check it out. He found a bunch of young women skinny dipping.
They all screamed and went down to the deep end where the water was up to their necks. One of the woman screamed, “We’re not coming out until you leave!”
Ole said, “I didn’t come down to watch you ladies swim naked. I came here to feed the alligator!!!” (Ole, what a guy!!)
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Dave Booth of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
JUST A REMINDER – “The Weekenders” will be here for the Sweetheart Dance on Saturday Night, Feb. 14, from 8:30-12:30.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net