Rockpile – 2-4-2015
We’ll launch our 9-pin Tap Tournament this Friday Nite as we have a group of 20 keglers from Colfax coming in to get the tournament rolling.
There are only a few spots a pin, so if you want to get a crew signed up, call or stop in to check on dates and times.
If you watched the Big Game on Sunday, you probably wondered what Russell Wilson was doing, throwing the ball on the 1 yard line with only 20 seconds to go!! I sure thought it was a dumb move. Although I didn’t feel too bad about the “Sea-chickens” losing. They had one coming!!! (Remember the Seattle-Green Bay game a couple of years ago???) Oh well!
Only 62 more days until the Brewers kickoff the baseball season!!
• 1961 Song of the Day: “North to Alaska” – Johnny Horton
• 1974 Song of the Day: “Jolene” – Dolly Parton
• 1981 Song of the Day: “I Feel Like Loving You Again” – T.G. Sheppard
• 1790 – The Supreme Court convened for the first time.
• 1876 – Baseball’s National League was founded.
• 1897 – Alfred Cralle patented the ice cream scoop. His basic design is still used today.
• 1959 – Buddy Holly performed for the last time in a ballroom in Clear Lake, Iowa. Admission was $1.25.
• 1964 – The First U.S. Spacecraft Ranger 6 crashed landed on the moon. Unfortunately the cameras failed to work.
Quote of the Week
“Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.” – Albert King
I am sorry to hear, smiling Jill,
That your birthday’s no longer a thrill
All your friends think your great,
and should still celebrate.
You’re not old, you’re just over the hill
Winter Weather Warning
The federal government has issued a travel warning, that anyone traveling in blizzard conditions should carry the following:
2. Blankets or sleeping bag.
3. Extra clothing, including hat and gloves.
3. 24 hours’ worth of food.
7. Flashlight with spare batteries.
8. Road flares or reflective triangles.
9. Full spare gas can.
10. First aid kit.
11. Booster cables.
I looked like an idiot on the bus this morning.
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Don and Patty Larson of Wilson, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net