If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
EAU CLAIRE, Wis. – The 2015 construction season is underway with work on the Wisconsin approach to the new St. Croix Crossing starting on Monday, Feb. 2.
The $12.5 million project will include the following work:
• Grading from just north of County E to WIS 64
• Grading, pavement and incidentals on the relocated County E.
• Constructing the interchange structure at County E and the roundabouts at the new WIS 35/County E intersection and at the interchange location
Because of the nature of the work, motorists can expect road closures and detours this year:
• Beginning in late April: Anderson Scout Camp Road will close until October. Detour will be in place.
• Late July-September: County E will be detoured.
• September-November: Traffic will be using the new WIS35/WIS 64 westbound lanes, the old highway will be open as a frontage road and the roundabouts will be open to through movements.
More information about the traffic impacts this summer can be found here: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/projects/nwregion/stcroixcrossing/index.htm
H. James & Sons, Inc. based in Fennimore, Wis., who performed the first portion of the approach work was awarded this contract in December and will serve as the prime contractor again in 2015.
Additional Project Information
The overall three-mile project completes the WIS 64 majors project that was built in the early 2000’s. The four lane expressway from New Richmond to Houlton will tie-in to the new St. Croix Crossing structure over the St. Croix River in 2016.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Download the new 511 mobile app or visit www.511mn.org
- Stop by the project office at 1862 Greeley St. S., Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.