Well, “Murphy’s Law” seemed to apply to our beloved Packers on Sunday in the last five minutes of the game. You could look at several different things that happened during that last five minutes and even earlier in the game that could have changed the outcome of the game. Bottom line – they gave it away!! Still love the Green and Gold but it’s hard to swallow!!! They should BE in the Super Bowl!!!
Our 9-pin Tap Tournament gets underway in a few short weeks and the dates and times are filling up fast. If you want to sign up, I’d call or stop in to check on your date.
• 1960 Song of the Day: “Running Bear” – Johnny Preston
• 1964 Song of the Day: “Loves Gonna Live Here” – Buck Owens
• 1982 Song of the Day: “I Wouldn’t Have Missed It for the World” – Ronnie Milsap
• 1913 – The first closed car for four passengers was introduced at a car show. All earlier cars had open cabs or convertible tops.
• 1945 – Adolf Hitler took to his underground bunker, where he remained for 105 days until he committed suicide.
• 1953 – The Chevrolet Corvette was introduced in New York City.
• 1972 – Superbowl VI Dallas Cowboys 24, Miami Dolphins 3.
• 1986 – The NFL’s St. Louis Cardinals announced their intention to move to Arizona.
• 1999 – Somebody climbed the water tower in Agra, Kansas, and painted a “v” and an “i” in front of the town’s name, to spell “ViAgra”.
Five Rules for Men to Follow for a Happy Life
Here are the Five Rules for Men to Follow for a Happy Life that Russell J. Larsen had inscribed on his headstone in Logan, Utah. He died not knowing that he would win the “Coolest Headstone” contest.
FIVE RULES FOR MEN TO FOLLOW FOR A HAPPY LIFE:
1. It’s important to have a woman who helps at home, cooks from time to time, cleans up, and has a job.
2. It’s important to have a woman who can make you laugh.
3. It’s important to have a woman who you can trust, and doesn’t lie to you.
4. It’s important to have a woman who is good in bed, and likes to be with you.
5. It’s very, very important that these four women do not know each other or you could end up dead like me.
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Lloyd Berends of Havenwood in Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Happy 92nd birthday, Lloyd, on January 19!
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net