We had some great scores over this past week both in men’s and gals’ competitions. Lori Klinger bowled a 246 game with a 612 series. Audrey Maes rolled a 216 game Wednesday with a 522 series. Jolene Hurtgen threw a 213 game with a 565 series, and finally Mary Anderson put together a 211 game with a 529 series.
On the Men’s Circuit, Chris Bien bowled a 266 game, while Rick Holmen also rolled a 266 game on the Senior League!
Some other notable men’s scores were: Brent Standaert – 260 game, 656 series; Dave Brandt – 246 game, 674 series; Rob Logghe – 646 series; Eric Dorwin – 621 series.
Our 9-pin Tap Tournament starts in a few weeks and spots are filling up fast. If you’re putting a squad together, please give us a call or stop in to look at the schedule.
• 1964 Song of the Day: “Love’s Gonna Live Here” – Buck Owens
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Cowboy of the County” – Kenny Rogers
• 1988 Song of the Day: “I Can’t Get Close Enough” – Exile
• 1904 – Barney Oldfield set a new speed record in a stripped-down Ford. He reached a speed of 91 mph.
• 1995 – The Rams moved to St. Louis.
• 1949 – “Arthur Godfrey and His Friends” was first seen on CBS-TV.
• 1966 – “Batman” premiered on TV.
• 1969 – Quarterback Joe Namath led the New York Jets to a stunning 16-7 win over the Baltimore Colts.
• 1995 – The O.J. Simpson trial began in Los Angeles.
More Actual Notes from Church’s Sunday Bulletins
• The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
• The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
• Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.
• Weight Watchers will meet 7 p.m. at the First Lutheran Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
And this one just about sums it all up:
• The associate minister unveiled the church’s new campaign slogan last Sunday: “I upped my pledge – up yours!!”
A “Bernie” Joke
Bernie: “Did you know that round bales are no longer being fed to milk cows?”
Gordy: “Why’s that?”
Bernie: “Because they can’t get a square meal!!!”
How ’bout dem Packers?? – I’m afraid they’ll have their hands full next Sunday in Seattle!! 2 p.m. game, potluck here and door prizes!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Bonnie and Gordy Cronk of Downing, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net