The Saturday Nite Mixed league first half champions are the “B.O.O.B” team. Their team is made up of Bernie and Peg Obermueller and Dave and Wendy Brandt. Congrats kids!!!
We finished up the Christmas Team Bowling Tournament this past weekend and had a great turnout over the two-week run with 32 teams competing.
Here is the list of the top six teams: 1st: “Obermueller Trucking II”, 2nd: “Sweaty Dogs”, 3rd: “Obermueller Trucking I”, 4th: “Barn Board”, 5th: “Leaker’s I” and 6th: “The Pumphouse.” Thanks to all the participating teams!!!
Our 9-Pin Tournament is right around the corner and will run from February through April. Sign up now to get your favorite times and dates.
Attention: “Dr. Groove” will be here next Saturday night, January 10th from 8:30-12:30. We will be featuring the “Dale Girls” tending bar. (Sarah, Katie and Ellie will be behind the bar to serve you!!) Should be a fun night!!
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Wichita Lineman” – Glen Campbell
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Sweet Dreams” – Emmylou Harris
• 1985 Song of the Day: “Why Not Me” – The Judds
• 1863 – President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation
• 1953 – Hank Williams died at the age of 29. He was found dead in the back of his chauffeured limousine.
• 1968 – Evel Knievel lost control of his motorcycle midway during a jump of 141 feet over a water fountain in front of Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
People Over 60
• Wouldn’t it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?
• Old age is coming at a really bad time!
• When I was a kid I thought naptime was a punishment…now, as a senior, it feels like a small vacation.
• If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would’ve put them on my knees.
• I’m going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I’ll do next week!!
• Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.
• At my age, “getting lucky” means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.
• I’m getting so old that all the stuff I wanted but couldn’t afford, I don’t want anymore.
Quote of the Week
“Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse.” — Groucho Marx
NOTE – Green Bay vs. Dallas on Sunday, January 11th, at 12:05. Potluck at Leaker’s!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Robert “Sly” Mitch of Richmond, Minnesota.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net