If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
WESTERN WI— In recent weeks, WESTconsin Credit Union offices collected winter apparel and accessories as well as non-perishable food items for the company’s annual The Mitten Tree and December Food Drive campaigns.
Overall, 2,666 winter apparel and accessory items, 841 food items and $1,560.23 were gathered in support of these causes. These monetary donations can purchase up to $15,600 worth of food from service agencies like Feed My People Food Bank. Local distribution was made possible thanks to the following community partners:
• Amery Office: Operation Christmas, Amery School District and Amery Area Food Pantry
• Baldwin Office: St. Croix Valley Family Resource Center and Baldwin Community Food Pantry
• Barron Office: Gift from the Heart Program and Barron Cupboard & Closet
• Eau Claire Office: Bolton Refuge House and Feed My People Food Bank
• Ellsworth: Basics for Local Kids and Ellsworth Food Pantry
• Hudson Office: Operation Help and Hudson Food Pantry
• Menomonie Offices: Dunn County School Districts, C-3 Center, The Bridge to Hope and Stepping Stones of Dunn County
• New Richmond Office: Grace Place and Five Loaves Food Shelf
• Prescott Office: Prescott Food Shelf
• River Falls Office: Our Neighbors’ Place and River Falls Food Pantry
• Spring Valley Office: Spring Valley Food Shelf
Fundraising was promoted internally among credit union employees through Jeans Days and other events, and externally to the general public. WESTconsin extends a sincere note of thanks to everyone who participated in giving and distributing donations. The need for basic life necessities continues to be high in our region. Those interested in offering additional help should contact their local charities and nonprofit organizations.