If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
EAU CLAIRE – The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has awarded low bidder H. James & Sons, Inc. based in Fennimore, Wis. the contract to construct phase two of the state’s approach to the new St. Croix Crossing. H. James and Sons, Inc. was also the lead contractor working on phase one of the approach work in 2014.
The new $12.5 million contract calls for construction to begin spring of 2015 and conclude December 2015. The work will include:
• Grading from just north of County E to WIS 64
• Grading, pavement and incidentals on the relocated County E.
• Constructing the interchange structure at County E and the roundabouts at the new WIS 35/County E intersection and at the interchange location
Traffic will be switched onto the relocated County E by the end of 2015, but the interchange ramps will not be accessible. Traffic switches will occur throughout the summer to finish that work, so motorists will need to be aware of changing traffic patterns throughout 2015.
Additional Project Information
The overall three-mile project completes the WIS 64 majors project that was built in the early 2000s. The four lane expressway from New Richmond to Houlton will now tie-in to the new St. Croix Crossing structure over the St. Croix River that is expected to open in 2016. The project will include:
• WIS 35 overpass, located near the main bridge-completed.
• WIS 35/County E interchange
• Pedestrian and bike path
• Two roundabouts located at the ramp terminals