We’re back in full swing again on our bowling leagues after the deer hunt and Thanksgiving day holiday.
Here are some nice games rolled last week: Men – Gary Standaert, 257; Dylan Dikeman, 255; Cory Leavitt, 245; Eric Dorwin, 241; Women – Oreen Nolton, 209; Kathy Alleman, 202; Peg Heutmaker, 192; Barbe Mrdutt, 190.
Sarah Standaert bowled her first 500 series ever this past Saturday night with a nice 508 series. Good job, Sarah!!
Here are some nice split conversions that were picked up last week: Karen Stoner, 6-7 and 5-7 (she informed me she got a new ball!!); Rita Anderson, 5-7; and Jon Mrdutt 4-10.
Bill Ross was “oh so close” of getting a 700 series this pas week. Ross finished up with a nice 692 series!!
Just a little reminder to all league teams: Our Christmas Holiday Tournament will be held on eight evenings this year. I will have the dates and times all posted for you this week. Sign up ASAP so you can get your favorite night and time!!
Well as we all know, the Badgers choked against Ohio State as they got pounded 59-0 Saturday night!! Who would have thunk it??? Still have the Badgers Basketball team and Packers to cheer for!!
• 1950 Song of the Day: “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” – Gene Autry
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Good Woman Blues” – Mel Tillis
• 1981 Song of the Day: “My Favorite Memory” – Merle Haggard
• 1983 Song of the Day: “A Little Good News” – Anne Murray
• 1990 Song of the Day: “Come Next Monday” – K.T. Oslin
• 1948: “Arthur Godfrey’s Talent Scouts” debuted.
• 1952: “The Abbot and Costello Show” started its syndicated T.V. run.
• 1960: Thomas Managhan founded Domino’s Pizza.
• Dec. 7, 1941: The fictional TV Radio station WKRP in Cincinnati, supposedly first signed on air just as Pearl Harbor was being bombed.
• 1980: The Chicago Bears scored nine touchdowns to embarrass Green Bay 61-7.
Notes that were actually put in church bulletins:
• The sermon this morning: “Jesus Walks on Water”. The sermon this morning: “Searching for Jesus”.
• Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
• A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church. Music will follow.
• Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Lutheran Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
Quote of the Week
“I tell ya, my wife was never nice. On our first date, I asked her if I could give her a good night kiss on the cheek…she bent over!!” – Rodney Dangerfield
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Wendy and Denny Gravermoen of Downing, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net