The Hometown and Town and County leagues battled it out for first quarter honors this past week and there were some matchups.
On the Hometown league my Leaker’s team slipped by my Leaker’s II team by a mere 1/2 point margin. Jon Standaert helped out his Leaker’s team by bowling a 248 game and a 670 series. Jon was also the third person to bowl a 700 series this year.
On the Town and Country league, the Pump House shotdown the “Wilson Legion Gunners” to take the first quarter honors by 5 points. The Pump House is lead by Dylan Dikeman with a 170 average. Good job to both league winners!!
Just a reminder to all of our Pfeiffer players out there: We will have our annual pre-deer hunting Pfeiffer Tournament coming up on Saturday, Nov. 15th starting at noon. We’ll accept the first 12 teams to sign up, so call or stop in soon!!!
• 1979 Song of the Day: “All the Gold in California” – The Gatlin Brothers
• 1988 Song of the Day: “Gonna Take A Lot of River” – Oak Ridge Boys
• 1901: Annie Taylor went over Niagra Falls in a barrel on her 63rd birthday. She was the first person to live to tell about it.
• 1930: “The Big Trail” opened featuring John Wayne
• 1973: “Kojak” starring Telly Savalas debuted on CBS.
• 1987: The World Series began in a dome for the first time – The Metrodome – in Minneapolis.
A Few Silly Halloween Jokes
• What does a vampire never order in a restaurant? A stake sandwich.
• What does a skeleton order at a restaurant? Spare ribs.
• What do you call a fat Jack-O-Lantern? A plumpkin.
• Why did the ghost go into the bar? For the Boos.
• What do you get when you cross a black cat with a lemon? A sour-puss.
• What happens when a ghost gets lost in the fog? He is mist.
• Who won the skeleton beauty contest? No Body.
• Where do baby ghosts go during the day? A dayscare center.
OK!! OK!! Enough already!!
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Dave and Ray Lindstrom of Downing, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net