If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Hunters, you can help fill local food pantries this fall by taking five simple steps:
1. Legally harvest a deer in Wisconsin.
2. Field dress the deer.
3. Register the deer at a Wisconsin DNR registration station.
4. Drop off at an approved site by February 1st, 2015:
• Pierce County Meats, 460 E Wall St, Ellsworth – 715 273-4741
• Ptacek’s IGA, 1449 Orrin Rd, Prescott – 715 262-5636
• Deer’s Food Locker, 210 Main St. N., Deer Park – 715-269-5118
• Powers Wild Game Processing, 2040 Hwy. 65, New Richmond – 715-246-4209
• Ross’ Glenwood City Lockers, 424 First St., Glenwood City – 715-265-4833
• Kessler Processing, 1181 Hwy. 128, Glenwood City – 715-265-4248
5. Sign the processors’ log sheet to verify the donation. The entire deer must be donated to receive the processing costs for free. The head and antlers may be removed for mounting.
The donated deer will be processed at the USDA approved sites, ground into venison packages and distributed to food pantries. Processing costs are covered by the Wildlife Damage & Abatement Funds.
Good Luck Hunters, we hope for a successful season for you and our local food pantries!