We had some nice individual scores this past week. Here are some top games and series:
• Brian Casey – 258, 217 games and 624, 615 series
• Jon Standaert – 257, 254 games and 680, 650 series
• Bill Standaert – 249 game and 507 series
• Bob Obermueller – 224 game and 619 series
• Nikki Grant – 199 game and 500 series
• Ellen Koosmann – 197 game and 541 series
• Peg Heutmaker – 192 game and 519 series
• Cari Cassellius – 192 game and 559 series
We started a 6-week youth program this past weekend. We have 20 young and eager boys and girls from ages 6 to 14 learning the ins and outs of bowling. Thanks to Barbe Mrdutt, Frank Stout, Jon and Jessica Hager for all their help in guiding these fine young bowlers!!
How ’bout that Packer Game Sunday?? Talk about a nail biter!! Way to go Pack!!
Rumor has it that Viking quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was so upset about his performance this past Sunday, he throw his helmet along the sidelines….and it was INTERCEPTED!!
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Since I Met You Baby” – Sonny James
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Heaven’s Just a Sin Away” – The Kendalls
• 1985 Song of the Day: “Meet Me In Montana” – Marie Osmond and Dan Seals
• 1951: A football with a rubber coating was used for the first time.
• 1957: Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra introduced the Edsel on ABC-TV.
• 1992: An Air France Concorde Jet set a round-the-world record for a commercial flight. The flight took 33 hours, 1 minute.
For Those Of You Who Thought You Knew Everything
• No piece of paper can be folded more than 7 times…go ahead, try it!!
• Oak trees don’t produce acorns until they are 50 years old
• The first product to have a barcode was Wrigley’s gum.
Husbands Are Husbands
A man was sitting reading his papers when his wife hit him round the head with a frying pan. “What was that for?” the man asked. The wife replied, “That was for the piece of paper with the name Jenny on it that I found in your pants pocket.” The man then said, “When I was at the races last week, Jenny was the name of the horse I bet on.” The wife apologized and went on with the housework.
Three days later the man is watching TV when his wife bashes him on the head with an even bigger frying pan, knocking him unconscious. Upon regaining consciousness the man asked why she had hit again. The wife replied, “Your horse called.”
I was in my backyard trying to launch a kite. I threw the kite up in the air, the wind would catch it for a few seconds, then it would come crashing back down to earth. I tried this a few more times with no success.
All the while, my wife Karen is watching from the kitchen window, muttering to herself how men need to be told how to do everything.
She opens the window and yelled to me, “You need a piece of tail.”
I turned with a confused look on my face and yelled back, “Make up your mind. Last night, you told me to go fly a kite.”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Madonna (Dotsie) Praschak of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net