This week we’ll take a look at some high averages on the men’s league.
On the Hometown League Brent Standaert tops the chart so far with a 218 average. Brian Cassellius and Ben Krosnoski are next in line with a 213 and 208 average, respectively.
On the Town and County league, John Hager is on top with a 197 average, while Brian is also there with a 217 average also.
Dick Schug is in third position with a 190 average.
On the men’s Senior League, Rick Holmen is top dog with a 203 average, while Mark Maes and Joe Walz are running in second places with 192 averages. Chuck Frieburg totes the 2nd high average with 182.
We’ll highlight next week’s column in the top Mixed Doubles averages and scores.
• 1963 Song of the Day: – “Abilene ” – George Hamilton IV
• 1971 Song of the Day: – “The Year Clayton Delaney Died” – Tom T. Hall
• 1981 Song of the Day: – “Tight Fittin’ Jeans” – Conway Twitty
• 1916: John D. Rockefeller’s net worth officially passed 1 billion dollars, making him the first American billionaire.
• 1950: Bell Telephone introduced the first telephone answering machine.
• 1978: Pope John Paul I was found dead in his Vatican apartment about a month after becoming head of the Catholic church.
• 1984: Elizabeth Taylor was voted as the world’s most beautiful woman.
• 1959: “Quick Draw McGraw” debuted on CBS primetime.
Shave and A Shoe-Shine
A Texan walks into a barbershop, sat in the barber’s chair and said, “I’ll have a shave and a shoe shine.”
The barber (using a straight razor, by the way) began to lather his face, while a woman with the most beautiful body that he’d ever seen knelt down and began to shine his shoes.
The Texan said, “Young lady, you and I should go spend some time in a hotel room.”
She replied, “I’m married and my husband wouldn’t like that.”
The Texan said, “Tell him you’re working overtime and I’ll pay you the difference.”
She said, “You tell him. He’s the one shaving you.”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Dave and Sherry Forrest of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net