Well we’ve had a few weeks away from “The Rockpile” to clean, fix, and replace a few things that needed attention this summer before the 2014-2015 bowling season cranks up.
It’s hard to believe, but with the fair behind us, it’ll only be a few weeks before we get into the bowling season. When we set up the fall meetings, the times will be posted in the Tribune Press Reporter.
• 1962 Song of the Day: “Wolverton Mountain” – Claude King
• 1970 Song of the Day: “He Loves Me All The Way” – Tammy Wynette
• 1986 Song of the Day: “Until I Met You” – Judy Rodman
• 1873 – Jesse James gang robbed its first train near Adair, Iowa.
• 1968 – Arnold Palmer became the first golfer to make a million dollars in career earnings.
• 1972 – George Carlin was arrested for disorderly conduct in Milwaukee for saying onstage the seven words performers were prohibited from saying on television.
July 21: Ernest Hemmingway – 1899
July 21: Don Knotts – 1924
July 21: Robin Williams – 1951
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What’s your name Little Boy…Blue??” Bee Boop!
Signs on a golf course:
• Golf is not a matter of life and death. It’s much more important than that.
• I shoot golf in the 70s. When it gets any colder than that, I quit.
• I found a wood that can lower my score. It’s called a pencil.
• If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt!
• All golfers are liars except you and me…and sometimes I wonder about you!
• Wanted: Good Woman! Must be able to clean, cook, sew, caddy and find lost balls. Must have golf cart and trailer. PLEASE SEND PICTURE OF GOLF CART AND TRAILER!!!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Tom Seehaver, of Hebron, North Dakota.
This is Tom’s Riddle for the Week: What do call a camel with no hump?? Humphry!!
(Time to start sending in jokes and stories, guys!! PLEASE!!)
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net