Just a reminder to our summer bowling league: We will have Fun Nite and set up our summer league this Wednesday night, June 11th starting at 7:00 p.m. All bowlers who are interested, please come on down to the meeting.
Also, remember The Big Rodeo is coming to town this weekend. Come join the fun!!
• 1959 Song of the Day: “Battle of New Orleans” – Johnny Horton
• 1968 Song of the Day: “Honey” – Bobby Goldsboro
• 1986 Song of the Day: “Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby” – Conway Twitty
• 1822 – Charles Graham received the first patent for false teeth.
• 1934 – Donald Duck made his first appearance in his first film “The Wise Little Hen” by Walt Disney.
• 1973 – Secretariat won the Triple Crown in the Belmont Steaks Horse Race.
• 1954 – A baby girl, Cheryl Ann, was born to Herb and Arliss Melby of New Richmond on June 13th. Happy Birthday, Cheryl!!
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “I don’t quite get your angle….worm!!” Bee Boop!
A fifteen-year-old Amish boy and his father were in a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again.
The boy asked, “What is this, Father?”
The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, “Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don’t know what it is.”
While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a heavyset lady in a motorized cart moved up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened, and the lady rolled between them into a room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until it reached the last number and the numbers began to light in the reverse order.
The doors opened and a young, gorgeous blonde stepped out.
The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly, “Son, go get your mother.”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Ron and Ramona Mott, of Crivitz, Wis.
P.S. Happy belated 59th wedding anniversary, Ron and Ramona!!
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net