This week we’ll take a look at a few leagues to see who are the top averages in their leagues. We’ll start on the Men’s Hometown League. Doug Standaert and cousin Brent Standaert each carry a 205 average. They’re trying to stay ahead of Dave Brandt and Bill Standaert who hold averages of 203 and 201, respectively.
On the Town and Country League, Bill Casey is top dog with a 191 average while Jim Ross and Jason Maes are right behind him with a 189 average. On the Thursday Senior League, Joe Walz is out in front with a 187 average. Next in line is Rich Holmen.
On the Wednesday Afternoon League Joe Goebel is top of the men with a 169 average. Rosie Kohler is leading the women with a 154 average.
We’ll take a look at some other leagues next week!!
• 1963 Song of the Day: “Ballad of Jed Clampett” – Flatt & Scrugs
• 1981 Song of the Day: “I Love a Rainy Night” – Eddie Rabbit
• March 10 is “National Telephone Day.” In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell transmitted the first successful telephone message.
• 1862 – The government issued the first paper money.
• 1941 – The Brooklyn Dodgers announced that their players would wear batting helmets for the 1941 season.
• 1963 – Some 25,000 mourners lined the 4-mile route to Shenandoah Memorial Park, where singer Patsy Cline was buried in Winchester, Virginia. (Cline died in a plane crash).
• 1980 – Willard Scott debuted as the new weatherman on the “Today Show”.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What are you digging for, Orson…..Wells??” Bee Boop!
Strange but Funny Signs
• In a bathroom in New York – “Toilet out of order, please use floor below.”
• In a laundromat – “Automatic Washing Machines: Please remove all your clothes when the light goes out.”
• Outside a second-hand store – “We exchange anything – Bicycles, washing machines, etc. Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain??”
• Seen during a conference – “For anyone who has children and doesn’t know it, there is a day care center on the first floor.”
• On a repair shop door – We can repair ANYTHING. (Please knock hard on the door, the bell doesn’t work)
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Matt and Linda Main of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net