We have new leaders in our 9-pin Tap Tournament. Local bowler Dave Hurtgen took over singles high series with a 906 series, while Jeff Osbey and Scott Milich of New Richmond went to the top of the doubles board with a 1779 total. There were some good games rolled this past weekend.
We have a full slate of 9-pin keglers invading “the Rockpile” this weekend.
The third quarter ended last week on the Hometown and Town and Country Men’s leagues. Leaker’s outlasted Leaker’s II by a mere half-point to take a sweep of the first three quarters. This is the first time any team has ever taken all three quarters in a row. Great job fellas!!
On the Town and Country league “Leaf Construction” won the quarter by a commanding 20 points over the next high team.
We have about twenty 55 and older bowlers heading to Stevens Point this weekend to participate in the State Senior bowling tournament. I’ll post results in next week’s “Rockpile.”
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What did you do after you ate the banana….split??” Bee Boop!
• 1965 Song of the Day: “I’ve got a Tiger by the Tail” – Buck Owens
• 1989 Song of the Day: “Big Wheels in the Moonlight” – Dan Seals
• 1958 Song of the Day: “Ballad of a Teenage Queen” – Johnny Cash
• 1630 – Popcorn was introduced to the English colonists by the Indians.
• 1860 – The first organized baseball game was played.
• 1968 – Johnny Cash proposed to June Carter on stage in Ontario.
• 1975 – In response to the energy crisis, daylight savings time commenced nearly two months early in the United States.
Wife texts husband on a cold winter’s morning: “Windows frozen, won’t open.”
Husband texts back: “Gently pour some lukewarm water over it.”
Wife texts back 5 minutes later: “Computer really screwed up now.”
Religious Rockpile Readers
Millie Broberg of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net