Skip to content

Fire damages Springfield home

Fire that apparently was caused by an electrical short damaged a home of the Ya Vang family at 3068 70th Avenue in the Town of Springfield..

The Glenwood City Fire Department was dispatched to the home at about 11:00 a.m. Saturday, December 13th as the occupants reported that there was smoke in an upstairs bedroom.

The firefighter discovered the fire was in the floor of the bedroom and had to remove some floorboards to extinguish the fire. There were no injuries reported and the department was on the scene for more than an hour.