This week I’ll update the Mixed Couples averages. On the Saturday Nite Live league Jon Standaert is in front with a 196 average with Chuckie DeSmith right on his heels with a 195. Terri Ross is ahead of the gals with a 174 average.
On the Saturday Nite Mixed league Dave Brandt is on top of the men with a 204 average, while Mary Anderson is leading the ladies with a 155 average.
Finally on the Sunday Nite League Craig Lindstrom’s 187 average is top gun for the men and Tracy Lawson leads the gals with a 165 average.
Sarah McCarthy picked up the very difficult 4-10 split this past Saturday night and got a “little” excited!!! Great job, Sarah!!
Good luck to the Hilltoppers this Friday night as the boys take on Pittsville for the opportunity to go to state for the second year in a row. Kickoff is at 7:00 this Friday night at Chi-High football field in Chippewa. The game is again on Moose Country 106.7 FM.
We still have room for a few more teams this coming Saturday as we are having our annual Pfieffer Tournament starting at noon!!! Stop in or call for a spot!!
• 1966 Song of the Day: “Open Up Your Heart” – Buck Owens
• 1979 Song of the Day: “You Decorated My Life” – Kenny Rogers
• 1940 – The “Jeep” built by Willys-Overland made its debut.
• 1885 – George S. Patton, “Ol’ Blood and Guts” army general.
• 1925 – Jonathan Winters – Comedian.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “Hey they tell me your new car is shot in the rear….Axel!!!” Bee Boop!
Overheard From A Little Old Lady: “I don’t know how to act my age because I’ve never been this old before!”
Why is it that we continue to hear how Social Security is going to run out of money, but we never hear about Welfare running out of money? What is interesting is that the first group worked for their money. The second group didn’t.
FYI – Being that it has been 50 years since JFK’s assassination, I thought I would ask a few people where they were on November 22, 1963. Here are a few – I will have more next week!!
• Joy Kraft (age 22): At home in Dickenson, North Dakota, ironing. “They interrupted the soap opera ‘One Life to Live’ to make the announcement.”
• Jim Murphy (age 17): Was in high school in St. Paul Park. “I was in math class when the announcement came over the loud speaker.”
• Verdell Voeltz (age 5): Barely remembers the teacher talking about it in school.
• Audrey Maes (age 13): Was in History class in Clear Lake Junior High. “The History teacher told us.”
• Terry Bazille (age 2): “I was too young to remember.”
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Readers
Butch and Marge Keeley of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net