With the bowling season reaching the quarter, I’ll give a few of the average leaders on several leagues.
On the Hometown league Dave Brandt is atop of the average chart with a 207 with Doug “Wado” Standaert close behind with a 205. The Town and Country League, Jim Ross is top dog with a 189 average while his wife Terri is leading the gals with a 177 average. Our Wed. Afternoon league finds Joe Goebel out in front of the men with a 168 average and Rosie Kohler next for the gals with a 149.
The Wednesday Nite ladies top gun is Cindy Rassbach with a 170 average.
The Senior league finds Roger Ludtke leading the averages with a nice 180 while Dan Cassellius is a few pins behind Ludtke with a 177 average.
Attention Women Bowlers!!! We are featuring a women’s-only bowling tournament over deer hunting opening weekend. We’ll have a shift on Friday, November 22 at noon and 7:00, and a shift on Saturday, Nov. 23 also at 7:00.
We’ll have a four-game format, taking the best three out of four games. We’ll have 20 ladies on each shift. Should be a fun tournament!!! Sign up sheets are now up, sign up ASAP!!!
• 1974 Song of the Day: “Sleeping Single in a Double Bed” – Barbara Mandrell.
• 1990 Song of the Day: “You Lie” – Reba.
• 1862 – The first rapid fire gun was patented by Richard Gatlin.
• 1879 – The first cash register was patented by James Ritty.
• 1952 – Dwight D. Eisenhower was elected president of the United States of America.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “How old were you when you got the colt…..45???” Bee Boop!
Go Toppers!! The Toppers play at Pepin this Friday night at 7:00. Game is on Moose Country for those who can’t go to the game (106.7 FM). Go Toppers!!!
Joke of the Week
Students in an Advanced Biology class were taking their mid-term exam. The last question was, “Name seven advantages of mother’s milk.” The question was worth 70 points or none at all. One student in particular was hard put to think of seven advantages. However, he wrote:
1) It is perfect formula for the child.
2) It provides immunity against several diseases.
3) It is always the right temperature.
4) It is inexpensive.
5) It bonds the child to mother, and vice versa.
6) It is always available as needed.
And then the student was stuck. Finally, in desperation, just before the bell rang indicating the end of the test, he wrote:
7) It comes in two attractive containers and it’s high enough off the ground where the cat can’t get it.
He got an A.
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Readers
John and Cindy Peterson of Star Prairie, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net