We’ll look at a few more league leaders this week.
On the Wed. Noon league, the M&M squad is out in front of my Leaker’s team by a 6 point margin. On the Wed. Nite Ladies league another team sponsored by M&M Bar is the top team so far, leading the Family ChiroCare by a five-point margin. That Ladies league have two gals fighting for the top average spot with Mary Anderson and Cindy Rassbach all knotted up with 170 averages.
The largest ladies league, Thursday Nite Ladies, the “Amazing Portraits By Angie” team is ahead of 2nd place Ruth’s Catering by a 1.5 point difference.
We had some pretty crafty splits picked up this past week. Chuckie DeSmith picked up the very tough 6-7-10. DeSmith also converted the 4-9 in the same game.
Bill Ross mastered the 5-6-10 split, while Shari Wink made the 3-6-7-10 split. Jon Standaert also converted the 4-9.
• 1968: Song of the Week: “Harper Valley P.T.A.” – Jeannie C. Riley.
• October 12 – Traditional Columbus Day
• 1810 – The first Octoberfest was held in Munich, Germany.
• 1901 – President Theodore Roosevelt re-named the “Executive Mansion” to “The White House”
• 1933 – The John Dillinger Gang killed the sheriff while breaking their leader Dillinger out of jail in Ohio.
• 1983 – Maytag made the last hand-operated wringer washing machine.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “How do you like your Olive….Oil???” Bee Boop!
Joke of the Week – More Punographies
A couple of weeks ago I had some Punographies. Teresa Nordell of Turtle Lake liked them so well, I found a few more just for her!!
• A cross-eyed teacher lost her job because she couldn’t control her pupils?
• When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
•What does a clock do when it’s hungry? It goes back four seconds.
• I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!
• Broken pencils are pointless.
• England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
• I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
• I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
• All the toilets in London police stations have been stolen. Police say they have nothing to go on.
• I took the job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
• Velcro – what a rip off!
• Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy.
Last week I mistakenly misspelled one of our Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week. I misspelled Shari Rosenow’s name, I spelled it Sherry. (Sorry about that!!)
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Readers
Jim and Jeannie Murphy of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net