No one has reached the “700” mark yet but Brian Cassellius rolled a nice 696 series last week on the Hometown League. Cassellius bowls on “The Pumphouse” team.
This week I will highlight the high averages on the Mixed Doubles Leagues.
On the Sunday Nite Mixed Doubles leagues, Brian Casey totes a 197 average while Jolene Hurtgen is high for the ladies with a 174 average.
Sat. Nite Live features Chuckie DeSmith out in front of the men, with a 202 average. Terri Ross leads the gals high average with a 180.
On the Sat. Nite Mixed League, veteran Dave Brandt is out in front with a nice 213 average. Mary Anderson is leading the gals with a 159.
It was a tough weekend for Wisconsin Football fans as both the Hilltoppers and Badgers lost their football matchups.
Just a reminder to our Tailgaters that Sunday is our annual Tailgate Party here at “Leaker’s.” I’ve got a “cream can dinner” planned and need Green Bay fans here to enjoy the game. Go Green Bay!! Kickoff time is 12:00 sharp!!! Feel free to bring a dish to pass. Green Bay faces Detroit at Lambeau.
• 1982: Song of the Week “What’s Forever For” – Michael Murphy
• 1887: Livestock markets opened in South St. Paul and sold 363 cattle the first day.
• 1927: A record 60 Home Runs was achieved by Babe Ruth.
• 1955: James Dean the film actor dies in a car crash.
• 2007: Green Bay quarterback Brett Farve completed his 421st career touchdown pass, breaking Dan Marino’s NFL record.
Joke of the Week – Punography
• I tried to catch some fog. I mist.
• When chemists die, they barium.
• Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
• A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
• I know a guy who’s addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.
• How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.
• I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
• This girl says she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I’d never met herbivore.
• I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I can’t put it down.
• I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
• They told me I had type A blood, but it was a type-o.
• This dyslexic man walks into a bra.
• I didn’t like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Readers
Roger and Ann Moe of Lakeland, MN.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net