We finished up our league roll-offs this past week and there was some pretty awesome series bowled. Billy Standaert and Brent Standaert rolled a 747 and 715, respectively and Chuckie DeSmith put a 728 on the board. Jason Maes also bowled his second “700” with a 717 series.
On the Hometown League, “Obermueller Trucking” clinched the championship title and my “Leaker’s Old Timers” outlasted the competition to vie for the top spot on the Hometown League. Also on the Hometown league roll-offs, two fellas flirted with “300” games as Bill and Brent Standaert each rolled the first 11 strikes in their last game. They both pulled their final ball and ended up with an 8 count to each tally up a 298 game. Great bowling, fellas!
We are planning to have our 9-pin championship roll-offs on Friday Nite, May 3rd starting at 6:30. So far we have 6 people who rolled a “900” series. These are the people who will be bowling for the $1,000 purse on the roll-off. Dave Hurtgen, Bob Obermueller, Terry Weiss, Travis Dorwin, Gary Standaert and Dean Anderson. We have one more weekend to compete in the annual 9-pin event.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What’s that in your hand….bag??” Bee Boop!!
The Advantage of Living Over 50
Perks of being 60, or being 70 and heading toward 80 or so!!
• Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
• No one expects you to run … anywhere.
• People call at 9 p.m. and ask, “Did I wake you?”
• There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
• Things you buy won’t wear out.
• You can eat supper at 4 p.m.
• You can live without sex but not your glasses.
• You get in heated arguments about pension plans.
• You sing along with elevator music.
• Your joints are more accurate than meteorologists about the weather.
• Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: Never, never, under any circumstance, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!!
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Readers
Larry and Kathy DeSmith – Circle Pines, MN
Have a story/cute joke, or are a Religious Rockpile Reader?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net