SafeRide program kicks off in St. Croix County
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Participation in the St. Croix County Tavern Leagues SafeRide program has just begun and is anticipated to increase in the near future. State wide, the number of free rides given from taverns in 2010-2011 exceeded 65,000.
The Tavern League of Wisconsin in conjunction with the WI Dept. of Transportation administers this program that provides free rides home to patrons who may feel impaired. The cost to run the program in 2010-2011 exceeded $740,000.00. These monies are provided by a surcharge on all OWI convictions and through the fundraising efforts of local Tavern Leagues…in St. Croix County that fundraising effort is the ‘Spot the Shot’ program. “Our people work hard and volunteer their time to raise money and operate SafeRide. We acknowledge and appreciate their efforts.” Said Rob Swearingen, T.L.W. State President.
Pete Madland, State T.L.W. Executive Director states, “It is not safe to drive while impaired”… “We are proud to claim ownership of the premiere SafeRide Program in the country.”
Current St. Croix County tavern members that have helped kick off the SafeRide program include:
• Aaron and Lisa’s Boondocks, Glenwood City
• Apple River Inn, Star Prairie
• Cedar Creek Inn, New Richmond
• Champs Sports Bar, New Richmond
• Crossroads, New Richmond
• Leaker’s Place, Glenwood City
• L & M’s, Roberts
• Mary’s Erin Corner’s, New Richmond
• Roosters Roadhouse, New Richmond
• Meister’s Place, Boardman
• Sidetrack Saloon, Roberts
• Star Prairie Sports Bar, Star Prairie
• Westwind, River Falls
• Wild Badger, New Richmond