News

Hunters cautioned to watch for elk, moose

MADISON – Whitetails aren’t the only members of the deer family wandering Wisconsin’s Northwoods. Both elk and moose call Wisconsin home and could be mistaken for a deer if hunters don’t take the time to be sure of their target and what’s beyond. Elk and moose are both protected species in Wisconsin.

Read More

City plans for next year’s road work, hears request from Glenhaven

GLENWOOD CITY—The city council approved the planning stage for city street work for next year. They also heard a request from Glenhaven’s administrator about construction plans that the local nursing home has. Looking at street improvements for next year, the council debated on spending just over $360,000 for needed repairs to several streets within the…

Read More

Card of Thanks – the Family of Alma Tuttle – 11-7-2012

The family of Alma Tuttle would like to thank everyone for all their kind words of sympathy and memorials given in our mother’s memory.  A special thank you to the staff at Glenhaven for the wonderful care given to Alma during her stay.  Thank you also to Dean Anderson, Anderson Funeral Home;  to Father Reddy…

Read More

Dunn County Land Judging Contest held October 18

The 2012 Dunn County Land Judging Contest was held on Thursday, October 18th. Approximately 74 students from Boyceville and Colfax High Schools participated in the event. This year’s contest was held near Wheeler on land owned by Daley Brothers, LLC, and operated by Bryan Andrews.

Read More

CVTC students win in style competition

EAU CLAIRE – When Chippewa Valley Technical College Barber/Cosmetologist student Angelica Johnson finished working on her model, she checked out what other contestants were doing and her confidence level soared. “After I looked around when I was done, I knew I was going to win,” she said.

Read More