If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The gun gets blamed!
I, along with the rest of the nation, mourn the loss of life with the shootings in Atlanta, Georgia and Boulder, Colorado in the last couple of weeks. President Biden is imploring the Senate to pass new gun control measurers.
The President said he didn’t “want to wait another minute, let alone an hour,” to act on gun control.
He is urging the House and Senate to ban “Assault Weapons and High Capacity magazines.”
But, why is it that when there is a shooting, the gun gets the blame and not the person that pulled the trigger? If a person has too much to drink or is not paying attention to how they are driving and causes an accident where people get killed or hurt. No one blames the vehicle.
I thought to myself, what is an assault weapon? I already know what a high capacity magazine is, but then how many rounds does a magazine have to hold before it is called “High Capacity?” Maybe more than one, I don’t know.
I checked with Google to see what the definitions of those two were: “Federal and State laws’ definition of an Assault Weapon refers primarily to semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features.” Some jurisdictions also define revolving cylinder shotguns as assault weapons.
Well, what do I have in my gun case? A couple of rifles, one is a lever action and the other is a bolt action and I have a couple of shotguns, one is a pump and the other is semi-automatic. But none have a detachable magazine. I do have a couple of pistols that fit the above description. So if Biden gets his way, I would have to give up a couple weapons. But I would like to remind all those politicians in Washington D. C. who are our representatives that the largest army in world, are the deer hunters in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the Dakotas.
So, as a peaceful bunch of hunters, are we going to give up our weapons because, those same politician can not tell the difference between some nut that has a mental problem and the rest of us law-abiding-citizens.
Someone with the initials of R B sent me this “Firearms Refresher Course.” I hope it not copyright, but I will print it for your enjoyment. First is “I love this country, it’s the current government I’m afraid of.”
• “Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.” Thomas Jefferson.
• “Those who trade liberty for security have neither.” John Adams
• Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
• An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
• Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
• Gun control is not about guns; it’s about a control.
• You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
• Know guns, know peace, and know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
• You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
• Assault is a behavior, not a devise.
• 64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday.
• The United States Constitution © 1791. All rights reserved.
• The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
• What part of ‘shall not be infringed’ do you not understand?
• Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
• When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
• The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
• Enough said.
Thanks for reading! ~Carlton