By LeAnn R. Ralph
ELK MOUND — The Elk Mound Village Board has approved buying a Kubota skid loader for $39,750 from Value Implement.
The village board discussed the possibility of a winter lease but ultimately decided to purchase the skid loader at the April 18 meeting.
The 65 horse power diesel engine skid loader will also have a 68-inch bucket and a seven-foot snow blade.
The motion approved by the village board included obtaining a loan from the state trust fund for the purchase.
Village President Steve Abraham and Village Trustees Rebecca Livingston, Paula Turner and Terry Stamm voted in favor of the motion.
Village Trustees Montana Boettcher, Deb Creaser-Kipp and Greg Kipp were absent from the meeting.
In other business, the Elk Mound Village Board:
• Learned building permits had been issued to Jason and Renee Boehm, 300 Moundsview Court, for a reroof; and to Jeff Moore, 105 Kings Court, for a re-shingle and to repair/replace soffit and siding.
• Learned the fire department had gone on three runs in the past month: March 20 for a vehicle accident on state Highway 29; March 22 for a pile of copper wire on fire; April 3 for a traffic accident on Highway 29 in which a vehicle had gone off the road and struck a tree.
• Received a report from Livingston, chair of the property and finance committee, that the committee had met to discuss putting Internet/WIFI at the village park, and the consensus of committee members was not to install Internet/WIFI.
• Approved purchasing a cabinet and steel-toed shoes for the public works department at a cost not to exceed $1,200.
• Approved purchasing a water main line repair kit from Core & Main, DePere, in the amount of $865.
• Approved a motion for the director of public works to create a Facebook and/or Twitter account to publicize emergency alerts and public works department activities.