Child identified in Town of Richmond house fire

The child who died in a January 15 house fire in the Town of Richmond has been identified.

The name of the child that tragically passed away in the house fire was Jacetin L. Campeau, age 4.

[emember_protected] The medical examiners provisional report on the cause of his death was “probable carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation, due to residential fire”, and the manner of his death was “Accident”.

Information obtained during the course of this investigation pointed to an unattended candle that was located in the living room area of the residence, as the cause of the fire.

The New Richmond community has been impacted with the tragic loss of four young lives over the last several months. This “ripple effect” touches so many in the community. This includes the same first responders that have assisted at each one of these scenes; and the school district, which continues to struggle with these events. [/emember_protected]