MENOMONIE — Glenwood City DECA competed in the DECA District tournament on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at UW-Stout in Menomonie and placed third place in competition for the social cup and had two members qualify for state level competition later this winter.
Makayla O’Brien and Lane O’Meara both qualified for the State DECA competition to be held in Lake Geneva in March.
[emember_protected] O’Brien placed second in her event, Hotel & Lodging Management. Makayla also received medals for a role play and her cluster exam.
O’Meara placed second in his event, Quick Service Restaurant Management. Lane also received a medal for a role play and his cluster exam.
In addition, several other members of Glenwood City’s DECA chapter took to the stage at UW-Stout to receive awards.
Those honored included:
• Melina Schultz received a medal for her cluster exam in Accounting.
• Matthew Bauman received a medal for his cluster exam and was named a finalist after finishing in the top 20% of his event – Business Finance.
• Conner Olson received a medal for a role play in his event Quick Service Restaurant Management.
• Emma Scholler received a medal for a role play and qualified as a finalist after finishing in the top 20% of her event – Restaurant & Food Service Management.
• Mariah Voeltz and Julia Nerby each received a medal for a role play in their team event Communication Services for Financial Services Team Decision Making. [/emember_protected]