We’ve got a championship shootout this week as we have the overall Men’s champions, “Hager Construction” to take on the Women’s Team, which is also sponsored by Hager Construction!! The men’s team will be led by John Hager and the women’s team will have Jessica Hager at the helm. Should be a fun roll-off. I’ll post the winning team in next week’s Rockpile!
[emember_protected] Our 9-Pin Tournament all but finished up this past weekend. We have the top four bowlers who bowled 900+ series in singles who will have a roll-off. The top four bowlers are: Jason Maes 940; Jordon Wink 934; Brad Gregory 924; Jeff Oseby 903. We need to find a time to hold the showdown. I will update after the roll-off.
The doubles winner in the 9-pin tournament were Jason Maes and Cheryl Standaert. They were top dogs by bowling an awesome 1813 doubles score. Congrats, guys!!!
• 1973 Song of the Day: “Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree” – Dawn featuring Tony Orlando
• 1973 Song of the Day: “Bad Bad LeRoy Brown'” – Jim Croce
• 1973 Song of the Day: “Crocodile Rock” – Elton John
• 1960 Song of the Day: “The Twist” – Chubby Checker
• 1967 Song of the Day: “To Sir With Love” – Lulu
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Margaritaville” – Jimmy Buffet
• 1961 – Warren Spahn pitched his second no-hit game for the Milwaukee Braves. Not bad for a guy who was 41 years old at the time.
• 1792 – The first person to be executed using a guillotine.
• 1901 – New York was the first state to require license plates. They were inscribed with the owner’s initials. The fee was $1.00
• 1928 – The first seeing eye dog, Buddy, was presented to Morris Frank on this day.
• 1988 – Sonny Bono was elected Mayor of Palm Springs, California.
• Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn’t that be an even number?
• Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.
• If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
• I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
• When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their body… men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.
• A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.
• Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
• America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won’t cross the street to vote.
• Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?
• I think my neighbor is stalking me as she’s been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
• Money talks …but all mine ever says is good-bye.
• You’re not fat; you’re just… easier to see.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says, “Hey, where did you get that Buffalo…Bill??” Bee Boop!
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net [/emember_protected]