By LeAnn R. Ralph
ELK MOUND — The Elk Mound Board of Education has approved a preliminary budget for the 2016-2017 school year of $14.14 million to be presented at the annual meeting in August.
The Board of Education approved the 2016-2017 budget report at the July 25 meeting.
The approved budget amount is the total for all expenditures in the school district for 2016-2017.
The total expenditures for all funds for the projected budget for the 2015-2016 school year was $15.47 million.
The actual unaudited budget amount for 2014-2015 was $17.98 million.
The audited budget amount for all expenditures for the 2013-2014 school year was $14.995 million.
The Elk Mound school district’s annual meeting is scheduled for August 22.
The Board of Education also increased driver’s education fees and lunch prices at the July 25 meeting.
Driver’s education fees will increase by $50 to $150 per student.
The amount that the school district pays to the company providing driver’s education to Elk Mound students is $310 per student, and the school district pays the difference.
Lunch prices will increase by 10 cents and will now be $2.30 for elementary students and $2.65 for middle school and high school students.
Al a carte prices will increase by 5 cents to $1.50.
For the free and reduced price meals, breakfast will remain free, and lunch will cost 20 cents.
Milk prices, adult meal prices and breakfast prices will remain the same.
Season passes and athletic fees also will remain the same.
In other business, the Elk Mound Board of Education:
• Accepted the resignation of Jodi Koger as a bus driver. Koger has served the district for 28 years.
• Accepted the resignation of Stacy Powell as the middle school volleyball coach.
• Approved creating a Fund 46 account. Money in the account can be spent on long-range planning items after five years. A ten-year long range plan will be needed to go along with the Fund 46 account.
• Approved the annual declaration and parent notice of the district’s student academic standards that will be in effect for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Reviewed the board development brochure that will be titled Elk Mound Area School District Board of Education Operating Principles. The brochure includes information about the key roles of school board members, the types of school board meetings (work sessions and business meetings) and outlines the expectations and rules for members of the general public who want to speak during the citizens’ forum portion of the meeting.
During a closed session of the Board of Education:
• Approved hiring Jayson Lesik as the middle school football coach.
• Approved hiring Wendy Schindler as a regular education aide.
• Approved hiring Heather Clark as a high school science teacher.
• Approved hiring Meg Marmitt as the middle school student council advisor.
• Approved hiring John Chisholm as the assistant high school football coach.
• Approved hiring Coty Schmidt as the power lifting coach.
• Approved hiring Darla Diermeier as the assistant softball coach.
• Approved hiring Kristi Lane as the assistant high school and middle school cross country coach.
• Approved hiring Bethany Hubert as the middle school volleyball coach.