If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Some of the dangers associated with winter storms include loss of heat, power and telephone service and a shortage of supplies. To help protect your family, now is the time to put together a disaster supply kit.
Here are some items to include:
• Flashlights and extra batteries
• Battery-powered NOAA Weather Radio and a commercial radio
• Bottled water and non-perishable food that requires no cooking
• First-aid supplies
• Fire extinguisher, smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
• If appropriate, extra medications and baby items
If you have an emergency heating source such as a fireplace or space heater, make sure you have proper ventilation.
Make sure pets have shelter and plenty of food and water.
For additional information, contact your county or tribal emergency management office, the National Weather Service or ReadyWisconsin.wi.gov.