Twenty three members of the Colfax FBLA chapter participated in various business-related competitive events at the Regional Leadership Conference on February 1 at Baldwin-Woodville High School.
The state is divided into 7 regions, and there were 26 schools registered in this region. The students competed in a variety of events involving written tests, computer skills, and presentations.
The following members placed in the top 10 in their events.
• Tucker Tiege, Jarrod Rudi, Jacob Steinke, 10th place in Sports & Entertainment Management
• Courtney Dressel, 8th place in Business Calculations
• Andrea Scharlau, 8th place in Word Processing
• Dannielle Dachel & Alexis Rudi, 7th place in Desktop Publishing
• Jacob Klukas, Ben Kragness, Jeremiah Wait, 7th place in Hospitality Management
• Grant Phillips, 7th place in Personal Finance
• Daniel Schneider, 6th place in Intro to Information Technology
• Megan Schleusner & Jezzica Tweed, 6th place in Web Site Design
• Grady Gibson & Brett Prince, 5th place in Public Service Announcement
• Marrianne Scharlau, 4th place in Business Law
• Rhett Kragness, 4th place in Agribusiness
• Heidi Lieffort, 3rd place in Agribusiness
Also attending the leadership conference were Hunter Lieffort, Scot Schmock, Zachary Meyer, and Trevor Seston.
Heidi Lieffort will be advancing to the state level of competition in Appleton on April 7-8
Colfax FBLA is advised by Mrs. Kara Zutter.