Mike Wink who bowls with M&M Bar on the Hometown league, finally edged over the “700” mark last week to be the first person to get his name up on the elite “700” club bard. Great job Mike!!
Jason Maes lit ’em up on the Town and Country league last week with a nice 236 game and 621 series.
This is the last week of the first quarter for both the Hometown and Town and Country Leagues. I’ll print results next week.
On the Thursday Nite Ladies league, “Amazing Portraits by Angie” clinched 1st place honors for the 1st quarter last week. They slipped by “Melby’s Bags” by a mere 1.5 points. Their team is made up of Karla Obermueller, Dorella Curvello, Jill Peterson and Tracy Lawson. Congrats, ladies!!!
Here is a list of keglers who made some nice converted splits: Bill Ross 9-7, Tom Schug 4-7-10, and Tony Obermueller, Jackie Bach, and Brian Casey all picked up the 6-7-10.
• 1967 Country Song of the Day: “I Don’t Wanna Play House.” – Tammy Wynette.
• Holiday – National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
• 1858 – The can-can was performed for the very first time in Paris.
• 1918 – Margaret Owen set a speed record by typing 170 words per minute on a manual typewriter.
• 1985 – Chicago Bear, William “The Refrigerator” Perry, led his team to a 23-7 win over the Green Bay Packers. Perry, who weighed 325 pounds (more than some refrigerators) became a folk hero when he cut a path for Walter Payton’s two TDs, before plodding over the goal line himself for another score.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What did you do with the cow…puncher???” Bee Boop!
Joke of the Week – Ole and the Knockout Woman
This morning Ole was beaten up by a drop dead beautiful brunette. He was in an elevator when this very well-built brunette got on. Ole was staring at the lady when she said, “Would you please press 1?” So he did…then everything went black.
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Readers
Jerry and Marian Stene of Woodville, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net