If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
MINNEAPOLIS — Globe University and Minnesota School of Business (MSB) announced the recipients of its 10 annual awards for Youth Frontiers character-building retreats at high schools in Minnesota and Wisconsin. The 10 retreats for high school juniors and seniors are valued at nearly $40,000.
Mindy Myhre, director of charitable giving for the career college network, said “The essays the high schools submit as part of the application packages were difficult to judge because most were of exceptional quality. We’re pleased that area high schools see the value of these wonderful character-building and anti-bullying retreats led by Youth Frontiers’ staff.”
The winning schools and associated Globe or MSB campus are noted here:
• Foley HS; Foley, MN / MSB-St. Cloud
• Triton HS; Dodge Center, MN / MSB-Rochester
• Mahnomen HS; Mahnomen, MN / Globe-Moorhead
• North Branch Area HS; North Branch, MN / MSB-Blaine
• Ivan Sand Community HS; Elk River, MN / MSB-Elk River
• Durand HS; Durand, WI / Globe-Eau Claire
• Flambeau HS; Tony, WI / Globe-Eau Claire
• Holmen HS; Holmen, WI / Globe-La Crosse
• West De Pere HS; De Pere, WI / Globe-Green Bay
• Baldwin-Woodville Area HS; Baldwin, WI / Globe-Woodbury
Over a six-year period Globe University and Minnesota School of Business have funded 61 Youth Frontiers retreats for more than 7,500 students. The value of the retreats is approximately $142,000.
Youth Frontiers is a nonprofit, non-partisan organization that partners with schools to build positive communities where students thrive socially, emotionally and academically. The organization’s vision is to change the way kids treat each other in every hallway, lunch line and classroom of every school in America. Youth Frontiers is passionate about eliminating bullying in the nation’s schools, which has reached epidemic proportions.
For more information about Globe Universite and Minnesota School of Business, visit www.globeuniversity.edu.