By Kelsie Hoitomt
GLENWOOD CITY — The Glenwood City Board of Education met on Monday, November 12 where President, Dr. Charles Rasmussen opened the meeting with a congratulations to the state-bound Hilltopper football team on their excellent season thus far.
The Programs, Services and Curriculum committee shared that an anonymous donation of approximately $1,500 dollars was given for the rental of a charter bus for the football team to travel down to Madison in. This was approved unanimously by the Board.
The Board also approved the schedule of events for this Wednesday and Thursday which includes:
• Wednesday: Pep Fest at 10:30, players eat lunch at 11:00 and leave for Madison at 11:30. The players will stop in Mauston to stretch and have a run through practice. The team will stay at the InnTower hotel and will eat supper and then breakfast.
• Thursday: Band and Cheerleader bus leaves at 4:45 a.m. And the Choir and Fan bus leaves at 5:00 a.m.
Price for the fan bus is $15 for children and $20 for adults (this includes an $8 ticket to the game).
It is the administrative recommendation to not have school on Thursday. This is what will be expected from the staff:
• Staff rides the bus and supervises students.
• Staff that choose not to ride the bus and supervise students have the following options:
• Take a personal day.
• Work in their classroom doing any of the following: identify reading and/or math essential learning outcomes with performance indicators and assessments aligned to the common core, continue to work on vertical alignments, create pre-requisite skills for each class to support content development, embedded literacy models PreK-12, watch football game on TV, any others have to be pre-approved by supervisor prior to Thursday.
• 9, 10, or 11 month support staff not supervising will not report to work.
Game is at 10:00 a.m.
Students, fans and staff will board buses after the game to come back to Glenwood City.
The team will watch most of the 1:00 p.m. game.
The team will return to town around 7:30 p.m. to a Welcome Home in the high school gym.