By LeAnn R. Ralph
BOYCEVILLE — The Boyceville Ambulance District has approved a budget of $342,625 for 2014.
Members of the ambulance district board approved the budget at the November 13 meeting.
The budgeted amount for next year represents a 1.21 percent decrease over this year’s budget of $346,806.
Matt Feeney, ambulance service director, said he does not yet know how much of the deficit that the district started with has been made up.
So far this year, the ambulance service has gone out on 140 runs, compared to 190 runs at the end of last year, he said.
The 2014 budget includes assessments to member municipalities for run charges of $128,840 and assessments to members of per capita charges of $69,285.
The Towns of Hay River, New Haven, Sheridan, Sherman, Stanton and Tiffany and the village of Boyceville make up the Boyceville Ambulance District.
According to information distributed at the ambulance district meeting, the Town of Hay River will pay $32,318 for 2014; the Town of New Haven will pay $23,678; the Town of Sheridan will pay $5,680; the Town of Sherman will pay $17,579; the Town of Stanton will pay $30,039; the Town of Tiffany will pay $26,394; and the Village of Boyceville will pay $61,437.
In other business, the Boyceville Ambulance District board:
• Learned that the ambulance district’s application for an Otto Bremer Foundation grant of $200,000 for the new ambulance station has gone on to the next level. A representative from Bremer is coming to Boyceville to meet with representatives of the ambulance district on November 21.
• Learned that slow progress is being made on the ambulance building. The framing has started, Feeney reported, and the roof will be sprayed next week.
• Learned that the Tiffany Town Board would like to put all of the township into the Boyceville Ambulance District. Right now, three sections of the township are in the Glenwood City service area.
• Learned that the ambulance service had $3,817 on hand as of October 1. The ambulance service took in $6,654 in October and had expenses of $34,150, leaving a negative balance of $23,678 as of November 13.
• Set the next meeting date for December 11 at the Boyceville Village Hall following the Boyceville Fire District meeting at 6:30 p.m.