Skip to content

News

Governor Walker visits Elk Mound High School

By Cara L. Dempski ELK MOUND — Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker visited Elk Mound High School to tour the building and speak to students and community members about the state’s education budget. The district learned of the Governor’s February 16 visit on February 13.

Read More

Colfax approves two-year contract with HydroCorp for $11,094

By LeAnn R. Ralph COLFAX  —  The Colfax Village Board has approved contracting with HydroCorp for two more years for cross connection control in the amount of $11,094. This will be the fourth year of the cross connection control program, said Rand Bates, director of public works, at the Colfax Village Board’s February 13 meeting.…

Read More

Colfax FFA Alumni Farm Toy Show to hold 30th annual event

By LeAnn R. Ralph COLFAX  —  For those who have been involved all along, it’s hard to believe this year’s Colfax FFA Alumni Farm Toy Show will be the 30th annual. “I’m not going to say names because we’ve had so much help over the years, and I don’t want to slight anybody. I don’t…

Read More

June trial scheduled for EM man accused of child assault

MENOMONIE  —  A two-day jury trial has been scheduled in June in Dunn County Circuit Court for a 19-year-old Elk Mound man accused of child sexual assault.  Chandler Russell James appeared in court with his attorney, William A. Schembera, February 17 for a status conference before Judge James Peterson.

Read More